Thursday, March 9, 2017

Did a Blogger Influence That Purchase? cont.

Before ‘locing my hair I was natural for 3 and a half years. I came to college in August 2013 and decided I no longer wanted to put a relaxer on my hair. From August 2013 – January 2017 I typically wore my hair in protective styles, keeping my ends tucked away. If I ever were in a rut looking for a new style I would get on the web and search for new styles. Or if I was in market for a new product I could count on the bloggers I followed in the natural hair community to give an honest review over a product and I would try it. I followed beauty blogger MahoganyCurls for many years and appreciated her product reviews. I can honestly say bloggers have influenced many of my purchasing decisions, consciously and subconsciously. 

As time goes on I believe we are getting savvier as a culture. I’m more skeptical if I see a blogger, or social media influencer, promoting a brand/product than I was before. I try to recognize what’s going on before I am bamboozled. As Cristina mentioned in her article, consumers need to be able to discern ads, paid content, and honest reviews. I know it may not be the easiest thing to do, but I believe it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment