Thursday, February 9, 2017

4 Weeks Loc'd

February 8th, 2017

Yay, I've been loc'd for four weeks! The thing is, I can't explain properly the emotions I feel at the moment.

Yes, of course I'm happy. Happy that I've finally done something that I've always wanted to do. Happy that I can notice changes from week one to week four. Happy that more people like my hair than I expected. Happy that during that one month time period I didn't "mess" anything up. I, Precious Timmons, am prone to messing things up within the first hour. 99% of the time I mess my nails up immediately after I get them done. I recently started getting my eyelashes done and the first night I almost removed all of them by rubbing my eyes uncontrollably. So for me to go 4 weeks and all 100 locs are still intact, is something to be excited about.

Yet, I'm not that excited. Strange, I know, but when I walked out of the salon I didn't feel as hopeful as I did when I walked in. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because things aren't moving as quickly as I'd expected them to. I keep reminding myself that it's only been 4 weeks, but I guess I thought they'd loc as quickly as I started them.

Typical millennial, no patience at all. INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I'm sure along this journey I'll learn to have some patience one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment