Tuesday, February 14, 2017

1st Rapid Retwist

My First Retwist :)

Much to my surprise this experience wasn't quite what I expected.  

1. It was quick. I was in the chair getting retwisted for maybe 35-40 mins and under the dryer letting my hair set for about 15 mins. 

2. It didn't hurt. Over these last 22 years I've experienced my fair share of hairstyles that hammered my head for hours, even days. So I was pleasantly surprised to find out retwist don't cause any pain. 

3. She still used a comb. Duh, it makes sense that should would use a comb to keep my parts neat. However, I never envisioned her using a comb during my retwisting process. I think because my locs are still so young this was the best method.  

4. The product created flakes. Before locs I could only use certain products. Most products don't absorb into my hair, they just sit on top and flake up. I never voiced my concern about products to my loctician because the first time I went to her I didn't have any issues. Luckily for me, they went away after the first few hours. 

My hair isn't fully loc'd yet. But since my retwist more and more people recognizing them as locs, instead of a cute hairstyle. 

Feb. 8, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment